Search By Application
From the list of applications below, click on any application to display possible solutions and product recommendations that may meet your needs. To filter the list of applications, begin typing a keyword in the search box below.
List of Applications
Adhesion Problems and Solutions
General tips for avoiding adhesion problems:
- Apply at temperatures above the recommended minimum application temperature.
- Use isopropyl alcohol to clean and remove surface contaminates where the label will be affixed, then dry with a clean paper towel before applying the label.
- Use labels with specialty adhesives for powder coated paint, plastics or textured surfaces.
Adhesives and Compatible Surfaces
Most of our stock hologram labels, security stickers, and security tapes use a general purpose adhesive, which is compatible with a wide variety of non-porous surfaces, including but not limited to glass, aluminum, stainless steel, painted metal, fiberglass, and varnished wood. Security tapes are also compatible with corrugated cardboard. Most stock products are compatible for indoor and outdoor labels.
Low energy surfaces (plastics, powder coated metal, etc.) and textured surfaces require specialty adhesives. For specialty applications, we have an array of different adhesives to meet your needs. Please call for information on specialized adhesives and products.
Adhesive Temperature Ratings
The specification pages for each label list the adhesive capabilities. The MINIMUM APPLICATION temperature is the lowest recommended temperature for initially affixing the label on the surface. The SERVICE TEMPERATURE is the range of temperatures that are suitable for the label after the label has been affixed for at least 24 hours. Our general purpose adhesives are typically rated for a minimum application temperature of +40°F and a service temperature of -40°F to +180°F. Our higher performance adhesives are typically rated for a minimum application of +10°F and a service temperature of -40°F and +250°F.
- PilferGuard Seals: Specifications & Intended Use
- Plastic Adjustable Security Seals: Specifications & Intended Use
- Plastic-Guard Security Labels: Specifications & Intended Use
- Secure-Guard Security Labels: Specifications & Intended Use
- Security Packing Tape: Specifications & Intended Use
- Tamper Evident Security Labels: Specifications & Intended Use
- Tamper Evident Security Tape: Specifications & Intended Use
- Water Detection Warranty Labels: Specifications & Intended Use
Adhesion in Cold Weather
The adhesives on labels and tape are rated for a minimum temperature for affixing. Labels with our general purpose adhesive should be affixed at a minimum temperature of +40°F. Labels with our higher performance adhesive can be affixed in temperatures as low as +10°F. If applying labels in colder weather, add supplemental heat. After the labels are affixed, all are suitable for use in temperatures as low as -40°F. See the specification pages for each label or tape to confirm the temperature performance.
See the Learn More Section for special techniques in applying labels in colder weather.
Adhesion in Hot Weather
Hot weather is generally good for applying labels and tape because it promotes excellent adhesion. After the label is applied, our general purpose adhesive is suitable in environments up to +180°F. Our higher performing adhesives are suitable in environments up to +250°F. Please see the specification pages for each label or tape to confirm the temperature ratings for each adhesive.
Tape Trouble Shooting Guide
A step-by-step approach to diagnosing adhesive issues with tamper evident tape. This same general information applies to labels and stickers.