Premium Security Tape
The PVT and EVT series tapes featured on this page are the best performing and most versatile tapes we offer. All tapes featured on this page are also TSA-CCSP compliant.
The tamper evidence is designed to function within one (1) minute of application. The tapes perform well on most surfaces, including difficult surfaces such as plastics, recylced cardboard (without tearing the surface), textured finishes, pallets films, boxes with wax coatings, bare wood, and film overwrap on pallets.
When tampered, these security tapes transfer all adhesive to the surface. For disposable packaging or containers this is not an issue. However, if the container will be re-used, cleaning up the adhesive residue will be more difficult and time consuming for some tapes. See the "Ease of Clean Up" recommendations if the container is to be re-used.
After removing, since most of adhesive remains on the surface (and little to none on the tape film), the tape film cannot be resued, which is an added security feature against unauthorized reuse of the tape.
Choosing Your Security Tape
Sealing Disposable Packaging or Reusable Container
When removed, these security tapes transfer all of the adhesive to the surface. For disposable packaging (such as shipping cartons) the amount of adhesive residue left on the surface is usually not an issue. However, if the container or surface will be re-used, cleaning up the adhesive residue will be more difficult and time consuming for tape with a high residue formula. See the "Ease of Clean Up" recommendations (see below). If the container is to be re-used, also consider our partial transfer tapes (PST and EST series), which leave less adhesive residue on the surface.
Multiple Security Features
In addition to the tamper evident feature, you can choose tapes with addtional security features. Choose the features that are important to your application:
- Printed Serial Numbers: A unique number improves security. Record the number as needed for added security.
- Plain Tape: No obvious signs that the tape is tamper evident minimizes attention to a package during shipping.
- Printed Instructions on the Tape: Additional printing can serve as a deterrent to tampering.
- Custom Printed Tape: Customizations improve security.
- Tape Width: Using 1 inch and 3 inch wide tapes make it easier to detect tampered cartons that are resealed with conventional 2 inch wide tape.
Maximum Compatibility and Versatility
Our PVT and EVT series tapes are versatile and are suitable for most applications. However, we recommend testing tape samples in actual conditions before product is ordered. We offer free samples so you can test and verify the selected tape will meet your specific needs.
- Surface Compatibility: Based on our lab tests and customer feedback, our tape performs on a wide range of material surfaces including many difficult surfaces such as recycled cardboard (without tearing the surface), pallet films, plastic surfaces and textured surfaces.
- Refrigeration and Freezer Applications: Our PVT and EVT tapes can be APPLIED in cold temperatures as low as +20F.
- Service Temperature: After application, our PVT and EVT tapes are suitable for service temperatures ranging from -40F to +200F.
- Perforated Tape: Some tapes are perforated and can be used as individual seals. If you prefer individual security seals, also see our security labels for more options.
- Standard Sizes: We have a large selection of 2 in wide tape, the most common size used on shipping cartons. We also have 1 inch wide and 3 inch wide tapes.
- Thicker Film: Our PVT and EVT tapes are constructed of thicker film (2mil polyester) than many competitive tapes. The thicker film provides additional strength during shipping and handling.
Stock tapes are offered in lengths of 180 and 250 feet, which will fit a standard tape dispenser. Longer roll lengths save time because of fewer roll changes.
We also offer larger rolls for machine application -- up to a maximum of 2000 feet in length for EVT and PVT tapes. For custom tape, we can make any roll length. Please call if you have a special roll length requirement.
Rolls over 250 feet in length have splices; the splice includes the tamper evident feature.
Application Rates - Manual and Automated
A typical application rate for tamper evident tape is 12 inches per second, which is usually slower than security packing tape or other standard tapes. Dispensing the tape at faster speeds may cause the hidden message to show before it is affixed onto the surface.
If you are applying tape using an automated tape machine, we recommend testing a sample roll (minimum 180 LF) of EVT/PVT tape before placing an order. Since our tapes are designed to easily show tamper evidence, the rollers on your tape machine may need to be modified to prevent the rollers from triggering the hidden security message (also it is possible that adhesive will accumulate on the rollers which contact the tape adhesive). Please contact us if your machine rolls have these issues and we will provide details on modifying the machine rollers.
If your machine rollers cannot be modified, we recommend our partial transfer tapes (PST and EST series tapes) for machine application.
Tape Conformity to Complex Shapes
Our PVT and EVT tape is designed for flat surfaces and to be applied around corners, as typically used on a box, crate, envelope, etc. The thicker film used with our PVT and EVT tapes may not be suitable if the tape must conform to surfaces with multiple contours. Narrower tape widths conform better to contoured shapes. However, if the tape does not conform sufficiently to seal your container, we recommend a tape made of thinner film (see our PST and EST tapes, which are made with 1 mil thick film).
We offer pricing discounts for higher quantity orders. For the best value,we recommend purchasing at least 1 year's supply. When stored properly, our tapes have a minimum 2 year shelf life.
Low Minimum Order Quantities for Custom Printed Tape
Custom printed tape offers more security. We offer custom printed tape in low order quantities (minimum 84 rolls, 2 inch x 180 feet with a 15% quantity tolerance). For smaller custom orders of tamper evident tape (less than 84 rolls), please see our Security Tape on a Liner
Fast and Friendly Customer Service
If you are unsure which tape best fits your needs, please send us an email or give us a call (see the contact info at the bottom of this page).
Features & Benefits
Hidden Message: OPENED (May vary from graphic shown)
Printed Instructions on tape reminds receiver of security features:
- "IF WORD 'OPENED' APPEARS, CHECK CONTENTS"
- Unique Serial Number
- If resealed, printed text and/or diagonal lines may be misaligned
Pre-assigned Serial Number -- improves security; for added security record the serial number on the bill of lading.
Diagonal Alignment Lines (in or around the words SECURITY TAPE) are designed to show mis-alignment if the carton seal is slit and resealed.
Adhesive residue: Typically 50% or more of the adhesive remains on the surface. Those tapes marked "HIGH RESIDUE" will leave about 90% adhesive residue.
After application, when removed the security tape will self destruct, leaving words or symbols on the package and in the security tape itself.
- Protects your products and equipment
- Controls access to shipping cartons, pallets, and other containers
- Indicates tampering or pilfering
If the tamper evident feature is not working to your satisfaction, please review the Troubleshooting Guide for suggestions, or give us a call.
|Security Tape - 2 mil Film|
|Roll Width||Roll Length||Case Qty||Case Size (in)||Case Weight|
|1 in||200 ft||36 Rolls||14 x 14 x 4||16.5 lbs|
|1 in||250 ft||36 Rolls||15 x 15 x 4||20 lbs|
|2 in||164 ft||36 Rolls||14 x 14 x 8||26 lbs|
|2 in||180 ft||36 Rolls||14 x 14 x 8||29 lbs|
|2 in||250 ft||36 Rolls||15 x 15 x 8||38 lbs|
|3 in||250 ft||20 Rolls||12.5 x 12.5 x 12||32 lbs|
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Red, Serial Numbered, PVT2R-217D
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Blue, 2 in Wide, Serial Numbered, PVT2B-217D
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Brown, 2 in x 180 ft, PVT2N-217D-180
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Red, 2 in Wide, EVT2R-217A-250
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Red, 2 in Wide, EVT2R-217D-250
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Blue, 2 in x 250 ft, EVT2B-217D-250
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Brown, 2 in x 180 ft, EVT2N-217D-180
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Red, 2 in x 250 ft, EVT2R-147A-250-C139
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Red, 1.5 in x 180 ft, Serial Numbered, Perforated (1.5 in x 9 in), PVT1.5R-236AP-180
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Red, 1 in x 250 ft, Serial Numbered, PVT1R-100D-250
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Red, 1 in x 200 ft, EVT1R-239A-200
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Red, 3 in x 250 ft, EVT3R-103D-250
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Blue, 3 in x 250 ft, EVT3B-103D-250
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Red, 3 in x 250 ft, EVT3R-103Q-250
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Blue, 3 in x 250 ft, EVT3B-103M-250
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Red, 2 in x 180 ft, Perforated (2 in x 9 in), PVT2R-236AP-180
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Red, 2 in x 180 ft, Perforated (2 in x 9 in), PVT2R-242AP-180
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Blue, 2 in x 164 ft, Perforated (2 in x 6 in), EVT2B-235AP-164
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Red, 2 in x 164 ft, Perforated (2 in x 6 in), EVT2R-235AP-164
Premium Tamper Evident Tape, Brown, 2 in x 164 ft, Perforated (2 in x 6 in), EVT2N-217AP-164
Recommended Surfaces for PVT and EVT tape:
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Paperboard Boxes & Envelopes
- Envelopes-Kraft Paper & Synthetic Film
- Metal - Bare and Painted
- Most Smooth Plastics
- Wood - Painted and/or Sanded
- Most Shrink Film
- Most Textured Plastics
- Stretch Wrap Film
- Bare Wood
- High Recycled Content (paper, some paperboard, some corrugated)
- Corrugated Cartons with Moisture Resistant Coatings (wax, etc)
Ease of Clean Up:
- High Release Formula: Very Difficult
- 99% Iso-propyl Alcohol
- Citrus Based Household Solvents (Orange-sol, Goo-gone, Etc.)
|Film||Matte Polyester, 0.002 inch thick, silicone coated|
|Adhesive||Permanent Water-Based Acrylic, typical .0009 inch thick|
|Tape Color||Red (PMS 186C), Blue (PMS 298)|
|Text & Serial Number||Black ink, repeats every 9 inches (unless noted otherwise)|
|Perforation||9 inches (unless noted otherwise)|
|Hidden Pattern||OPENED (may vary from graphics shown)|
|Adhesive Residue||Full Adhesive Transfer: at least 90% remains on the applied surface|
|Splices in Roll Length||Rolls 250 feet length or less: NONE
Rolls more than 250 feet: typically 1 splice (splice has tamper evident feature)
|Core||3 inch Diameter (compatible with most hand-held dispensers)|
|Minimum Application Temperature||+20°F|
|Service Temperature Range||-40°F to +200°F|
Custom Printed Tape:
- Minimum Order: 80 rolls (order quantity tolerance within 10%)
- Ready to ship: Allow 3 to 4 weeks for initial order
- MORE INFO...